Town Hall Meetings for Strategic Planning
I want to update you on the strategic planning process, which will provide a number of opportunities for our various constituents to participate in the coming months.
The University is organizing its strategic plan around the following three pillars:
- Mind: A Renewed Curriculum for the 21st Century
- Heart: Preparing Students for Citizenship, Leadership and Lives of Meaning and Significance
- Place: The Domain as Laboratory, Recreation Site, Sanctuary and Home.
As part of the information gathering process, the strategic planning committee is inviting all members of the Sewanee community to participate in open town hall meetings. The open town hall sessions will be held at the following dates and times:
- Jan. 25, 4:30 p.m. in Convocation Hall
- Feb. 13, 7:00 p.m. in Convocation Hall
- Feb. 21 at 10:00 a.m. in Convocation Hall
These meetings are an important opportunity for you to participate in planning the direction of the University’s development, and I encourage your engagement with this process. The University has contracted Dr. Dawn Wiese, former vice president for student affairs at Washington and Lee, as a consultant to facilitate these conversations. Dawn is both knowledgeable about Sewanee and liberal arts colleges, and she has assisted a variety of organizations with strategic planning processes.